We are the National Charter Collaborative
The only national organization supporting to success of charter school leaders of color.
This is our story. Our origin, leaders, programs and impact
How We Started
Here’s What We Found
- Access, Funding and Resource issues
- No Collective Influence Akin to White Leaders
- No Access to Networks of Privilege and Politics
- Difficulty Raising Funds and Stabilizing Facilities.
Why it Matters!
- Because 70% of charter school students are of color
- Because research is clear on the impact of leaders and teachers of color
- Because schools that embody communities are critical lifelines
An effective component of minority students academic success is a minority principal who serves as a role model for students
Students at schools with LOC score significantly higher on state test and are suspended at much lower rates (4.2% less likely)
Having just one black teacher in 3rd-5th grade reduced a black student’s probability of dropout by 29%; and by 39% for low-income black boy
Some pithy quote from a leader?
Our Vision and Mission